Saturday, January 14, 2012

Parting - Seaside Sisters



We used to send each other things depicting three sisters.  I found this piece in a gallery on Royal Street and instantly bought it for her.  The colors were so vivid you could almost smell the salt water.  SHE hung it in her bathroom and began her own nautical look.



So needless to say, when there was another one in the gallery window then she had a pair.  

It's funny how sometimes you just know who would share this kindred spirit of three sisters.  So parting with these pieces was a no brainer for me.  

D is one of the most remarkable women I have known and is one of three sisters.  Accomplished professionally D stood apart from the way I have seen most women lead, a style of her own.  There has been incredible tragedy in her life that sometimes just seems endless but there is no waffling or hesitation,  just pressing forward. D has great wisdom and is someone whose advice I know I can seek and respect.  What my sister would have liked most about D though, is her dedication, commitment to and love of her own mother, going the distance, just as SHE did.  The fisherwomen go to her, supplier of sustenance.

J just makes me smile, can be crazy goofy and great fun to be around. Another survivor, we met at a bumpy time in both our lives, a time that will stay significant for the two of us always.  J's bumps were  more severe than mine but she kept a sense of humor and helped me muddle through my own worries while surviving hers.  J has three daughters,  is a devout mother, one of the best, totally dedicated to her family. It is hard work that will pay off in the long run as the daughters have witnessed her strength through a very difficult time.  The bathers go to J, tender protector.

I was unable to decipher the signature of the artist.  So I hit Royal Street to try and find the gallery that had them.  After two Sunday's search I gave up.   Finally one gallery owner led me to believe the shop where I bought them has since closed, he was familiar with the style of work they dealt in.  So the name of the artist may be secret forever.  I have learned a lot from these two women, grateful for their influence.   I am pleased with this parting, the ladies are with kindred spirits.  




No comments:

Post a Comment