Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Keeping - Shell Seekers







I stitched every night for years, it used to drive my husband crazy.  Once the kids were in bed I would find relaxation and relief by sitting and stitching on linen.  You need to worry I told him when I am not stitching as then there is a problem. Therapy.

After the seaside sisters went up on her wall, I could only add more.  SHE never went over the top with the nautical theme like I did, SHE seemed to have more fun contributing to mine.  Shell Seekers though was perfect for her. There are only two sisters in this piece but then our third sister was a landlocked landlubber who stayed in Tennessee when we migrated to a tropical locale.  So it qualifies.......we shared an immense love of the seaside, the smell, the salt, the sand.  SHE preferred secluded beaches while I favored the busier ones so we took turns getting our way. 


So now the Shell Seekers hang in my powder room.  

Somehow though I always felt that missing sister.  So when I saw a third sister all alone, well I stitched it too as there were three of us, and it has always hung in my house.  Now it is not far from the seekers.  Memories of simpler days, simpler times.








No comments:

Post a Comment