Monday, February 20, 2012

Keeping - Whirly-gig


This windmill whirly-gig belonged to Lexie.  It lived on her sunporch all the time I knew her.  After that,   it went to my sisters garage.  I am not sure why it was never taken out of there, it made no sense but then, there were many things I just didn't question.


It is quite weathered, shows its wear from the past, paint peeling, bare wood exposing.  It spins beautifully. After considering the age and wear, I kept it on my back porch,  a clear view from the breakfast table, mesmerizing with its movement, magical. SHE asked me to take it, I will never understand why SHE left it in the garage all those years.  Watching it spin through the window though is rather uncanny, I feel her presence.


I wish I were savvy enough to capture this in action and download it on this blog.  This hardly reflects the beauty of the turns, or the architecture of its construction.  I brought it inside as even on the backporch I could see the weather would do it harm.  


This shows the wear a bit more.



So now it lives in my front room.  I will take it out to the back porch from time to time to let it fly, to bring back the magic and take me closer to my sister.



No comments:

Post a Comment